|The Alabama Division of Reenactors
|News Flash.....Hot off the Telegraph!
|Welcome to the Alabama Division of Reenactors, Inc. Web Page
This is the home page for news, information, photographs, and updates
about the Alabama Division of Reenactors, chartered in 1986 and proudly
serving it's member units through out these 21 years!
It is our hope that you find this site to be a useful tool for information
important to the reenacting community of Alabama. We also hope that you
feel free to share your ideas with us as well.
The members of the Division seek to portray the life of the soldiers, sailors,
and civilians who lived during the conflict of 1861-1865.
|*** ALABAMA DIVISION MEMBER LIABILITY INSURANCE ***
ALL full dues paid (Alabama Division dues) members of our
Member Units are covered effective January 1st of each year,
through our Lloyd's of London, NRA Sanctioned Liability Insurance,
including $1,000,000.00 Personal Liability Coverage, liberal
Property Liability Protection for our Division Sanctioned Events
(must be Hosted and Administered by an Alabama Division Member
Unit in good standing) plus each Full Dues Paid Member has an
additional $5,000.00 of Supplemental Medical Coverage at no
If you have any pictures
that you would like to
share on the website,
please send them in JPEG
form to Emily Cook,
org . Emails are checked
|The Alabama division of reenactors was organized in 1986.
The Summer Business Meeting for the Alabama Division of Reenactors was held on August 3rd, 2013 at the Inzer
Museum in Ashville, AL. Here are some important items from the meeting.
- Colonel Michael Mumaugh has accepted a position with the Louisiana Parks Department. Congratulations on the new position! However, because of moving to
LA, Mike must step down from his position in the Alabama Division.
- Lt. Colonel Jonathan Kobler, Commanding Infantry is Brevetted through the end of the year to command our Infantry Battalion.
- Captain Michael Redmond is Brevetted until the end of the year as Wing Commander under Colonel Kobler when troop strength allows us a Battalion Strength
on the Field.
- Mrs. Tina Hancock Brown has accepted the position as Division Treasurer until the Winter Business Meeting on January 11th at the Inzer House and Museum in
- Discussions were held concerning the issues of Behavior on the field in camp following news from other areas concerning inappropriate behavior and we found
that the By Laws already covers any need we might have to address these issues.
- Discussion of participation at events and recognizing that to do so we accept their published requirements for their event. However, unpublished rules or
harassment will not be acceptable to our people.
Jake the Gentle Giant. He is the official mascot for the
Alabama Division of Reenactors.
Jake loves nose rubbings, hugs from kids & plenty of